suspend/resume 19.10

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
ciccio

suspend/resume 19.10

Post by ciccio »

i installed ghostbsd/mate 19.10, everything fine, my PC is based on P5KPL-AM motherboard with intel G31 graphics integrated, i also installed an nvidia geforce 210 on pcie x16.

When ghostbsd runs on integrated graphics suspend/resume works fine, when running on geforce 210 resume works but screen stays black, i can only shutdown from power button and reboot, all other os installed (ubuntu, win, mac os sierra) work fine and resume on both graphics boards

any suggestions?

Thank you
ericbsd
Developer

Re: suspend/resume 19.10

Post by ericbsd »

I have the same problem, but I did not investigate the cause of the problem yet.
ciccio

Post by ciccio »

I think it is something related to the proprietary drivers of nvidia, under win 10 it has happened that the screen becomes black as a sudden interruption of the video signal, with no possibility to intervene if not with the restart, but this has never happened with linux and nva8 driver, not even of course with native mac os drivers
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

On my old desktop, it was not a problem, but it has been a long time I did not use it for Desktop and I would not be able to test it since it is now a NAS. I will try to look if it is driver related or the system.
ciccio

Post by ciccio »

I think I understood the problem, I realized I didn't have the glx extensions in the system, I couldn't even run glxgear ... now I'm back on the integrated intel board which is probably not much worse than nvidia but of course the geforce 210 was something a little more decent .... I tried to configure the 340 drivers in all ways unsuccessfully ... I'm quite disappointed: - ((