(solved) Can not install Ghost BSD

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
slughorn

Post by slughorn »

At first I tried to install GhostBSD 19.10 on VirtualBox. No success.
So I read here that Eric has also issues with Virtualbox.
So I tried on metal - also no success. Installation wrote the following lines:

Code: Select all

hdacc0: unexpected unsolicited response with tag0:00000
It appears that nothing more will happen.

In the past I installed GhostBsd on this machine successfull. It was a version with FreeBSD 11 stable as base.
Last edited by slughorn on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
hunghung

Re: Can not install Ghost BSD

Post by hunghung »

slughorn wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:40 pm At first I tried to install GhostBSD 19.10 on VirtualBox. No success.
So I read here that Eric has also issues with Virtualbox.
So I tried on metal - also no success. Installation wrote the following lines:

Code: Select all

hdacc0: unexpected unsolicited response with tag0:00000
It appears that nothing more will happen.

In the past I installed GhostBsd on this machine successfull. It was a version with FreeBSD 11 stable as base.
Could you check if GhostBSD 19.09 work?
slughorn

Re: Can not install Ghost BSD

Post by slughorn »

Where can I get the older iso? On the website is no hint.

Edit: Have found it here:https://download.ghostbsd.org/releases/amd64/19.09/

I download try it tomorrow.
slughorn

Post by slughorn »

Now I have installed GhostBSD 19.09 successfully.
But what disturbs me is the is the permanent noise of the loudspeaker, even though if I switch the speaker on the trey out.This seems, it is a issue of my old PC:-(.
But installation went well.
hunghung

Re: (solved) Can not install Ghost BSD

Post by hunghung »

slughorn wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:20 am Now I have installed GhostBSD 19.09 successfully.
But what disturbs me is the is the permanent noise of the loudspeaker, even though if I switch the speaker on the trey out.This seems, it is a issue of my old PC:-(.
FreeBSD 12.1 (which GhostBSD 19.10 based on) has some problems with drm-kmod. FreeBSD 12.0 (which GhostBSD 19.09 based on) doesn't have such problems. But keep in mind GhostBSD is a rolling release system, so you will have problem installing new packages as the OS ABI is mismatch. The current packages were built for GhostBSD 19.10 and you are about to install them on GhostBSD 19.09.
slughorn

Post by slughorn »

hunghung wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:16 am
slughorn wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:20 am Now I have installed GhostBSD 19.09 successfully.
FreeBSD 12.1 (which GhostBSD 19.10 based on) has some problems with drm-kmod. FreeBSD 12.0 (which GhostBSD 19.09 based on) doesn't have such problems. But keep in mind GhostBSD is a rolling release system, so you will have problem installing new packages as the OS ABI is mismatch. The current packages were built for GhostBSD 19.10 and you are about to install them on GhostBSD 19.09.
Thanks for the information. I have updated my PC already, short after installation, but there were no issues.
hunghung

Post by hunghung »

slughorn wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:02 am
hunghung wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:16 am
Thanks for the information. I have updated my PC already, short after installation, but there were no issues.
Glad that it work for you :D