Will Project Trident's decision affect GhostBSD?

Have some non-GhostBSD related questions, or want just to chit-chat about anything that is not necessarily related to GhostBSD? This is the forum for you.
hunghung

Re: Will Project Trident's decision affect GhostBSD?

Post by hunghung »

ericbsd wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:12 am Here is my answer to everything https://www.ghostbsd.org/node/194 and please we are not forums about trident so keep your thoughts for yourself.
I only want to make sure we still have GhostBSD in the near future. I'm from MX Linux and I want to completely switch to GhostBSD, but still keep MX LInux running on VirtualBox for some special applications. You know, if I make the switch now, and later you announce that you're following Trident to move to a Void Linux base it's a completely waste of time for me.

Of course I could use vanilla FreeBSD. But I've conflict with the moderators and forums members of the FreeBSD forums, they even banned my ip address and just lift this ban recently because I directly contact them to remove this ban with my promise to not touch this forums anymore. I can't ask for help on this forums, I've to do everything on my own. This is the reason why I need out of the box experience like what GhostBSD provide very much.
ouaille_aime_scier_

Post by ouaille_aime_scier_ »

Hello HungHung,

If you have been banned from the FreeBSD community forums it is certainly for a good reason, so avoid adopting the same attitude on this forum dedicated to GhostBSD and only to this distribution.
Eric is right, here we only talk about GhostBSD and not other distributions that do what they want in agreement or not with their own community. He tells us that there is no question of changing Ghost's base of work that remains on TrueOS / FreeBSD stable so let's trust him. If changes are to take place, he will tell us about it on the forum and each of us can give his opinion on the proposals he will make.
Ghost is new and the least we can do is support the development team, report the bugs and contribute with our resources to improve the system.
With the current migration from Project Trident to Void Linux, there are not many FreeBSD-based distributions for desktop use anymore, so we have to do our utmost to keep GhostBSD going and going forward with each release.
Artim

Post by Artim »

Oh for crying out loud, @hunghung. Trident has nothing whatsoever to do with GhostBSD. Drop this and forget it. GhostBSD is and will remain BSD and not Linux.

/END
hunghung

Post by hunghung »

Artim wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:15 am Oh for crying out loud, @hunghung. Trident has nothing whatsoever to do with GhostBSD. Drop this and forget it. GhostBSD is and will remain BSD and not Linux.

/END
Hold on, guy. As soon as I received the reply from Eric, I stopped worrying about GhostBSD's future :)
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

I move this to Lobby since it is not a topic that represent well GhostBSD.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Topic looked