Thanks For Being Awesome

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
dinsdale

Thanks For Being Awesome

Post by dinsdale »

Hello,

Well it finally happened, my Ghost 11.1 installation is too long in the tooth and I need to create a new VM. This is just a big old THANK YOU from Victoria BC for being awesome. My Ghost VM has been my go-to environment for pretty much everything over the last year and a half. I never mind donating to GhostBSD. :D
plumtreed

Re: Thanks For Being Awesome

Post by plumtreed »

Ghost is really great. I could never become comfortable with BSD until Ghost came along.......so I agree with what you are saying!
dinsdale

Post by dinsdale »

Alright, the installation went fine. My mouse is *crazy* sensitive, even though it's on the lowest settings possible.

I was hoping to add the disk from my prior VM so I can move everything over but the system doesn't boot. I wonder if that's because both disks have the same zpool label of "tank"? (### you convenient default options!)

Any suggestions on how I can get access to both disks so I can transfer all my stuff over from my prior VM?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

macbug

Post by macbug »

Realy nice distro, i haven tried BSD since mid 90's. I got stuck with GNU/Linux but anyway, i'm back, how can i contribute?
dchsoft

Post by dchsoft »

Hi guys,

have not been around since a long time, but I was trying the last Ghostbsd on a virtualbox before install and had the same issue with the mouse.
Even I still don't know the solution, I'm using this workaround :
sudo pkg install xinput
once installed :
ghostbsd@trueos-922 ~> xinput
⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ Mouse0 id=6 [slave pointer (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Keyboard0 id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
ghostbsd@trueos-922 ~> xinput --set-prop "Mouse0" "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 3

and the mouse is a little bit slower now.
ward

Post by ward »

I'm chiming in! My goal is a free BSD OS on my old MacBook Pro 8,1. I did it with FreeBSD 12 and got most everything working but I came back to Ghost and actually got a dual-boot, mac/Ghost machine going. I'm writing from Ghost right now.

Hang ups so far: Firewire, internal wifi (bcm4331) and the backlight on the keyboard (though I can build a custom kernel and get it working pretty well).

I tried NDIS for the Broadcom WIFI but it crashes the kernel on load.

I have to say, I've been away from the project for a long time and you guys have come a long way! Really excellent.

Thank you, I'm pretty broke but I'll try to send you a few bucks.