Any gui network parameter adjuster tools and services tools?

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
BSDELL

Any gui network parameter adjuster tools and services tools?

Post by BSDELL »

I had a trueos install that failed when I tried to put in project trident so I thought I'd give ghostbsd a try. I was able to get it to install and run properly without having to adjust any settings, so the experience so far is pretty good, but I am also looking for some tools that are usually included with full desktop releases.

Some thing like network parameter adjuster is quite useful because I need to test internet connections a lot, but I don't like doing ifconfig all that much.

I think trueos had something like this. Do you know if there's anything similar to this in ghostbsd's repositories?

Trueos's system preferences also had a tool that listed current running services. Does ghostbsd have something like that as well?

I know all this can be easily done the terminal, but it would be nice to be able to adjust all this stuff in system preferences. I have this perception that a desktop environment feels incomplete without those tools.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Any gui network parameter adjuster tools and services tools?

Post by ericbsd »

There is nothing like this on FreeBSD/TrueOS I have started to work on something similar but it is not done.
BSDELL

Post by BSDELL »

ericbsd wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:52 pm There is nothing like this on FreeBSD/TrueOS I have started to work on something similar but it is not done.
Hi ericbsd, this screenshot is from the network manager in lumina desktop. I wonder if it's possible to download this and use in ghostbsd without any modification.
Screenshot-2009-05-13-12-54-35 1.jpg
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Probably if you installed it should work it is the same system under.