iBus doesn't switch input method

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
lotech

iBus doesn't switch input method

Post by lotech »

Hi there,

I am new here and I used to Linux Mint, I just installed iBus for Chinese input, the installation completed without error and the EN prompt is shown on the task bar, from there I can change input method where I installed some Chinese ones, but when I click on it and select from the list of IM nothing happened, what am I missing ?
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Re: iBus doesn't switch input method

Post by NevilleGoddard »

Hi. I'm using ibus for Japanese input and it works perfectly. I'm using ibus-anthy. What are you using?
Welcome to GhostBSD!
litchi

Post by litchi »

Fcitx doesn't work for me on GhostBSD19.09, feels too bad.
hunghung

Post by hunghung »

lotech wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:23 am Hi there,

I am new here and I used to Linux Mint, I just installed iBus for Chinese input, the installation completed without error and the EN prompt is shown on the task bar, from there I can change input method where I installed some Chinese ones, but when I click on it and select from the list of IM nothing happened, what am I missing ?
Use Ctrl-Space to switch input method. Ibus usually set it to Super-Space, I always change it to Ctrl-Space.
hunghung

Post by hunghung »

litchi wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm Fcitx doesn't work for me on GhostBSD19.09, feels too bad.
Did you set the correct environment variables? Check this https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fc ... IM_modules.