An very simple question about firewall

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
flyingsaucer

An very simple question about firewall

Post by flyingsaucer »

Hello i am totally new with BSD Ghostbsd is the first BSD i am using and i am coming from Linux and have an very simple question where can i find the firewall, is there and gui or where can i find it and do i need toi finetune the firewall. :?:
ericbsd
Developer

Re: An very simple question about firewall

Post by ericbsd »

None of the built-in firewalls (ipf, ipfw, pf) have a GUI preinstall, but they're command-line firewalls and install by default. You can install fwbuilder or qtfw, Qtfw is a Qt gui frontend for ipfw utility in FreeBSD, GHostBSD and PC-BSD.
flyingsaucer

Post by flyingsaucer »

I have installed firewallbuilder but the program won't start not as user and not as root. I have enabled the firewall in rc.conf bu how do i know the firewall is runner and how do I know if incomming traffic is blocked, unwanted services are blocked I don't not so much about the ipfw. :?:
bsdkeith

Post by bsdkeith »

You will, I believe, need to set up your 'rules' in a config file; best to take a look at the 'man' pages, (or try a search on 'Google').
Another good place to look is the FreeBSD forum, as that is what this is built on/from. Hope that is of help to you.
Linux user since 1999; & now a BSD user.
lisaa

Post by lisaa »

OK thanks, I will give the 3.1 version a go and let you know if it works. :D
Unlock the key of your success by ACMP_6.1 and Testking.net.By using our latest Florida National University study material, you can easily pass Hodges University exam.