[Solved] Terminal font

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
melloa

[Solved] Terminal font

Post by melloa »

Guys,

As I'm not sure if this is a video card, X, or something else, so I'm posting on the General Support.

One thing that I've noticed and didn't get any help from searches is that the fonts on my terminal are not spaced correctly. In some cases it cover part of the previous character, in other adds spaces between characters on one word.

A picture in this case would show the problem much better: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OVjt7 ... bwKkMI9gFP

I guess this is the card (obtained from output of pciconf -lv):
vgapci0@pci0:2:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x0b061028 chip=0x68091002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]'
device = 'Pitcairn LE GL [FirePro W5000]'
class = display
subclass = VGA
That's an old card that came with the T3610 as its motherboard doesn't have any video on-board. If it is incompatible, I might have other a NVIDIA around that I can try (hopefully without breaking anything).

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Last edited by melloa on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Terminal font

Post by ericbsd »

Make sure that the font that you use for the terminal Monospace font and in Fixed width font is Monospace also.
Attachments
Screenshot_at_2018-12-03_14-48-34.png
melloa

Post by melloa »

Hi Eric,
ericbsd wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:51 pm Make sure that the font that you use for the terminal Monospace font and in Fixed width font is Monospace also.
They were not (shouldn't that be the default for the install? set the font I mean; it was set to none on all of them.)

I've tried to set all to courier and it didn't work, so set to monospace and it solved the problem.

Thanks again for the rescue !
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

It is not normal that is was set to None is should have been set like it is on the image with the Droid font.