GhostBSD with KDE Plasma

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
joachin

GhostBSD with KDE Plasma

Post by joachin »

Hey guys! I want to help to the have plasma on GhostBSD :D, I really love *BSD, I like xfce but I rather to have plasma 5, I can try to have an iso with KDE Plasma5 and try to maintain it, I mean, I only need to install the desktop, configure it with sddm, and install some application, correct me if I'm wrong (I'm using plasma in FreeBSD), tell me if I'm wrong, I have where can I post it and the people can download it, tell me if this Ok, I would like to hear (read) your opinions. And I see that GhostBSD doesn't have a Spanish forum, I would like to help with that, and please, try to see the IRC, no one asnwer it!

Thanks guys!
ericbsd
Developer

Re: GhostBSD with KDE Plasma

Post by ericbsd »

Yeah if no one ping on IRC I rarely answer and most of the time when I see it it is too late.

KhostBSD could be a good idea! I have no problem to have a KDE version of GhostBSD, that will need to be maintained by someone. I am only focusing on MATE, if @NevilleGoddard switch to MATE, XFCE would probably disappear unless he continue to maintain it.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Oh, also we are switching to TrueOS instead of FreeBSD.
joachin

Post by joachin »

I would like to help with Plasma 5, how can I contribute to the development? I'm not a programmer, but if you tell me how can I do it or what I need to do it, I will appreciate it.

Thanks
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Actually, if you understand how to do the configuration file you could make ports for those configurations like we do for MATE and XFCE.

See https://github.com/GhostBSD/mate-installed-settings and https://github.com/GhostBSD/ports/tree/ ... d-settings
joachin

Post by joachin »

Ok, thanks, going to try it, because I really want to have GhostBSD with Plasma desktop and help the GhostBSD project, let me try it, can I MP you or in IRC? and you tell me if what I will do it's ok for the confs.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

You can PM on the Forum, IRC and even on Telegram and probably better on Telegram.
joachin

Post by joachin »

Ok! Thanks :D!
jmp20

Post by jmp20 »

Hi Eric,
Has any progress been made on this topic? I too could help with the KDE 5 plasma on GhostBSD if needed.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Not really, Kris Moore did plans to release a Plasma5 distro of TrueOS, https://pkg.trueos.org/iso/plasma-unsta ... 180913.iso. Since Kris is putting the effort into making a KDE Plasma5 version I am not really open to have GhostBSD ISO of Plasma 5.