Screen lock issue

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Screen lock issue

Post by ericbsd »

There are some ports from GhostBSD that removed wallpaper and themes that I have fixed some I try to find if there is still some ports doing that.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

last pkg update would take care of fixing to make sure that it would not reproduce, and I am gonna add code to the update manager to look for missing dependency and sanity and try to have them mostly fix.
Casper

Post by Casper »

ericbsd wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:21 am There are some ports from GhostBSD that removed wallpaper and themes that I have fixed some I try to find if there is still some ports doing that.

Just a few:

mate-themes-3.22.14: almost all of it, lol.
pangomm-2.40.1_1: missing file /usr/local/lib/pangomm-1.4/proc/m4/convert.m4
pangomm-2.40.1_1: missing file /usr/local/lib/pangomm-1.4/proc/m4/convert_pango.m4
pangomm-2.40.1_1: missing file /usr/local/lib/pangomm-1.4/proc/m4/convert_pangomm.m4

Lots of checksum mismatches, too.

There are probably more that I missed, but that ^^^^ should give you an idea. Should I just wait until the new release, or update/upgrade, or....? I'm not terribly fussed about it, and it's not really affecting any performance (other than the screen lock, which is currently off). Let me know what you think.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Sure that the next release is almost at the door, we are are a couple guys on Telegram trying to find all problem, and fix it.

I have fixed my pkg sanity and did solve a couple of small problems. I think I will try to put a bit more time on adding a sanity check feature to the update manager.
Casper

Post by Casper »

ericbsd wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 pm Sure that the next release is almost at the door, we are are a couple guys on Telegram trying to find all problem, and fix it.

I have fixed my pkg sanity and did solve a couple of small problems. I think I will try to put a bit more time on adding a sanity check feature to the update manager.
While i was waiting to see your post, I noticed that the update manager icon appeared. I went ahead and did the update, turned the screen lock back on, restarted the computer, and it appears to be working again. 8-)
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Ah nice, I was hoping to see that update to fix it.
Casper

Post by Casper »

Eric,

The screen lock issue is back. Did MATE do an update?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

That is weird I did not send any update since the update that fixed the problem.
Casper

Post by Casper »

ericbsd wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:26 pm That is weird I did not send any update since the update that fixed the problem.
I was just looking at my phone, the screensaver came on my laptop, and I was able to unlock it.... no idea what was going on before. Gremlins? :twisted:
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Hi @Casper I have just send a new update with a fix for the Update Manager that would probably better for you to update just do an update by hand.

Code: Select all

pkg upgrade -y pkg
pkg upgrade -y update-station