Taking care of the wiki

Here you can discuss anything related to GhostBSD documentation and the FAQ's section.

Moderator: Developer

kraileth

Taking care of the wiki

Post by kraileth »

The wiki asks people to help expanding GhostBSD documentation and so I'm currently trying to clean things up, correct little grammar mistakes, add more links and a bit of material, etc. (the FAQ was still claiming that the current version of GhostBSD was 4.0!!). However I'm not (yet) very knowledgable about GhostBSD. Is there anybody here who's been involved in the project for some time who'd volunteer to answer a few of my questions when I'm in doubt whether something's right or not?

Also: Whom to talk to when I identify spam on the wiki (like this which is definitely junk: http://wiki.ghostbsd.org/index.php?titl ... 3d_culture)?
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Taking care of the wiki

Post by ericbsd »

You can ask questions here since its made for that and report spam to me.
ASX

Post by ASX »

kralleth,

thank you for taking the time for revising the wiki, greatly appreciated.

As ericbsd wrote, just post question here in forum, or join the IRC channels on Freenode. #ghostbsd, #ghostbsd-dev
kraileth

Post by kraileth »

Hi again! Now that I have GhostBSD as my daily driver on my main machine, I wanted to resume cleanup duty on the wiki once the shutdown problem (viewtopic.php?f=67&t=529) is solved. However I cannot log in and it seems that my user is gone.

ASX: You mentioned migration of the website / bugtracker in another post. I guess that the wiki was also migrated and thus the users no longer exist. My question here is: Should I simply register again or are you still working on the wiki and that would interfere with your plans?
ASX

Post by ASX »

Yes, the wiki too was migrated on new server.

As far as I'm aware only the bug tracker users have not been migrated, please wait for ericbsd answer.
Also, I don't think there will be any problem if you try to register again.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Only the forum users was successfully migrated, all users of the wiki,issues and website need to create their account, I am sorry but I was not able to migrated the database of the the wiki and website I had to started a new wiki and drupal. But I was able to move the content.

You can create a new account on the wiki.