Can you install the OpenBox Version

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
Combat

Can you install the OpenBox Version

Post by Combat »

I downloaded the openbox iso , if it can not installed then I think they should make it clear that its only a LiveCD.?
wolf-nv

Re: Can you install the OpenBox Version

Post by wolf-nv »

I ran into the same problem and contacted GBSD and was told how to do it!
Once you are up and running the OpenBox Live CD, right click the desktop and open the "Terminal"! Then type "gbi", that's all! Follow the instructions and in about 30min, you will have a working installation!
I'll say this much, I love GBSD's OpenBox Edition! No intrusive icons or taskbar or anything!
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

wolf-nv,
I am happy to here that you like it. I was wondering if i was doing and openbox for 3.5 I guess I have my answer.
Combat

Post by Combat »

Sorry for late reply, but thanks for replying as it not only worked for me ,but it was the first time that I can remeber GhostBSD successfully installing. I have been trying to install it since I downloaded I think was the very first release of GhostBSD.
It was the main reason I chose to download the smaller openbox iso instead of the bigger gnome as I did not want to download big iso only for it to fail again.
AnyWay I am glad I did not give up.
I think you can thank all the bug testers out there .
wolf-nv

Post by wolf-nv »

Thanks to Eric, he is the one who turned me on to this method of installing GhostBSD! I love it! I have an old laptop that is now running GBSD as its only OS and my Windows machine has it on VBox! Everybody on this forum has been helpful and friendly, not like some places I have been!
I hate KDE and LXDE because they are too much like Windows, I hate Gnome and XFCE because they are too much like Mac! I love OpenBox, no intrusive icons, no annoying taskbar, but those things are available IF YOU WANT THEM!
Have fun and learn! :D
erum

Post by erum »

Where are the OpenBox files found? I'm ready to do some "tweaking", but I can't find them! Also, I have some marvelous WPs that I want to use and I need to know where to put them!
We offer brand new sydneyleather.com.au at 85% discount limited time offer visit our site now
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

here viewtopic.php?f=81&t=80#p275 is your answer erum.
paolo

Post by paolo »

the Openbox edition is simply amazing !
Stable and light is like to have Cruchbang Linux based on FreeBSD :)

Many thanks to Eric
Last edited by ericbsd on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Eric not Erik.
zwan

Post by zwan »

I agree with what is said on this topic, the Openbox version is really fast even from the livedisk, and it's really eay to install when you have read this topic.

But I encountered a problem so I won't be using it. I installed on a HP Omnibook 6100 with USB to PS2 adapter and KVM switch. While this system worked perfectly with the live disk, when I booted the installed version none of the other computers on the KVM switch had any keyboard anymore, and I didn't get them back before the next day and a long poweroff, and of course the Openbox would only work from the laptops HIDs. Even one of the other USB to PS2 adapters on another computer got unreliable after this event, the driver that gets installed has a serious bug!
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

helengee wrote:think they should make it clear that its only a LiveCD.?
ดาวน์โหลด royal1688
No the installer is on the live CD.