New NetworkMgr and I need testers

Open development discussions

Moderator: Developer

ericbsd
Developer

New NetworkMgr and I need testers

Post by ericbsd »

Eh, I did a huge change in NetworkMgr. I did update it to python 3.6 and GTK3 it now supports multiple cards in the Menu tray and if you put a USB network card it should detect it and auto-configure it.

I need some people to battle test it and to give me feedback. The instruction to install it is at https://github.com/GhostBSD/networkmgr#networkmgr.
kraileth

Re: New NetworkMgr and I need testers

Post by kraileth »

Will give it a shot some evening during the week (I hope that I didn't already put my USB-LAN-adapter in some box).

I rolled two MATE isos yesterday evening, BTW. The first one was a bit too early since it used OpenRC which obviously doesn't work just yet. But the second one booting the old rc did boot to SLiM. However I wanted to tell you that on my test system the computer begun playing the welcome sound after login but froze in the middle of it. I had to do a hard reset and booting again verified that this behavior is repeatable. Just to let you know.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

ghostbsd-build is not ready yet, Joe is work on it, and better just install 11.1 for the moment.
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

I tried the new networkmgr and it installed fine on FreeBSD 10.4 and worked great at work.
When I got home it wouldn't connect to my home network. It found the router and I clicked on it to connect, but it wouldn't do anything after that.
I tried doing as normal user the command "networkmgr" but nothing happened.
I had to use wifimgr to connect to my home router.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Yeah, there was a couple problem that I have fix yesterday night and it might worth a shot to update and try back.