Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by Kernelpanic »

Wow cool all around the world! :D
You come from Italy so probably I will find you on irc :D
kraileth

Post by kraileth »

ASX wrote:
Kernelpanic wrote: But where are the other from?
ericbsd is from Canada, 7 hours time difference, you can find him on IRC usually after 22:30 Italy localtime, kraileth is from Merkel-land, a few others from UK (also known as may-exit land) and other from USA (Trumpland) ... some from Brazil ... convbsd is from Romania .... NevilleGoddard is from .. Japan ? ... some of them attend the forum too, some not ... have fun! :D
Just wanted to make clear that I have no truck with said person who is damaging Europe badly (sorry, Greece and all the others!) and destroying my own country. :P

Oh, and IIRC NevilleGoddard is actually from Australia but stated somewhere that he's learned some Japanese.
ASX

Post by ASX »

kraileth wrote: Just wanted to make clear that I have no truck with said person who is damaging Europe badly (sorry, Greece and all the others!) and destroying my own country. :P
When I posted that, I was having some fun, but I didn't mean to associate a person with their politicians ideas, apologies if you felt called in.

I'm supposed to "moderate" this forum, and I should have refrained to post in such way, only now I see that it was an error, again, my apalogies.

But the fact is that the truth is the truth, not only they are damaging Europe (and mostly their own country), including and especially Italy, they are really destroying Europe.
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

To Kraileth :
Oh, and IIRC NevilleGoddard is actually from Australia but stated somewhere that he's learned some Japanese
Correct and correct but I also live in Japan. :P

To ASX:
But the fact is that the truth is the truth, not only they are damaging Europe (and mostly their own country), including and especially Italy, they are really destroying Europe.
You're absolutely, 100 percent correct. I couldn't agree more.

By the way, I did a fresh install of GhostBSD 10.3, changed to GhostBSD repos, disabled FreeBSD repos, updated (I think through update station) and everything went swimmingly. One small "problem" was the applications finder was not present on the xfce4 panel, but that's easily fixed with a couple of mouse clicks. People have said they have updated 10.3 only to boot to a broken system. I can't understand it.

Maybe I should put an upgrade guide on the forum.
ASX

Post by ASX »

NevilleGoddard wrote:Maybe I should put an upgrade guide on the forum.
Hmm ... the next to be released GhostBSD 10.4 will make use of our repos, and that would be a great occasion to write an upgrade guide for those looking for that path. ;)
ASX

Post by ASX »

NevilleGoddard wrote:Maybe I should put an upgrade guide on the forum.
Hmm ... the next to be released GhostBSD 10.4 will make use of our repos, and that would be a great occasion to write an upgrade guide for those looking for that path. ;)
kraileth

Post by kraileth »

ASX wrote:
kraileth wrote: Just wanted to make clear that I have no truck with said person who is damaging Europe badly (sorry, Greece and all the others!) and destroying my own country. :P
When I posted that, I was having some fun, but I didn't mean to associate a person with their politicians ideas, apologies if you felt called in.
Nah, no problem, I didn't take offence (she is chancellor of my country after all no matter how much people like me hate that fact). It was actually just a tongue-in-cheek reply. (Even though I was being honest when it comes to what I think of her. I'll actually go as far as stating that the Berlin regime must fall if we want to maintain peace in Europe... Unfortunately she's going to be re-elected in a couple of days thanks to our lying media. But this is not the place for political discussion - plus we seem not to take very different stances in this case, anyways. If anybody is interested, though, I could write a post in the lobby, sharing my opinion about the situation in my country. I'd also be interested in what the real situation is in the other countries!)
I'm supposed to "moderate" this forum, and I should have refrained to post in such way, only now I see that it was an error, again, my apalogies.
No need to do so. You were totally right - making fun of it all is probably the best way to bear an otherwise grave situation. So no worries in my case. US citizens have to live with their country being associated with Trump, too, after all! ;)
ASX

Post by ASX »

kraileth wrote:plus we seem not to take very different stances in this case, anyways.
yep, politicians are going to be detached from people reality, increasingly detached day by day.
If anybody is interested, though, I could write a post in the lobby, sharing my opinion about the situation in my country. I'd also be interested in what the real situation is in the other countries!)
I'm not sure ghostbsd forum is the right place for such discussion, personally I've nothing against that, so, as long as the discussion remain quiet I would say go for it. As soon as it turn in some bad way, we will delete it. ;)