GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Open development discussions

Moderator: Developer

ASX
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by ASX » Tue May 23, 2017 5:33 pm

What do you think ?
Should we support 10.3 for some time and therefore also provide 10.x repositories ?

User avatar
ericbsd
Developer
Posts: 1193
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by ericbsd » Sat May 27, 2017 10:04 am

That could be a good idea for people that want to stay on the 10.#, but the conversion might cause a problem for none technical user, but at the same time we are here to help those people.

ASX
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by ASX » Sat May 27, 2017 10:58 am

ericbsd wrote:That could be a good idea for people that want to stay on the 10.#, but the conversion might cause a problem for none technical user, but at the same time we are here to help those people.
OK, I will start the next pkg build for 10.3 too.
The problems I can forecast are very limited, mostly about setting the pkg repo config. ;)

NevilleGoddard
Developer
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:30 pm
Location: Japan
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by NevilleGoddard » Sat May 27, 2017 1:07 pm

I think it's a good idea too. We should at least wait until 11 is fully sorted.

ASX
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by ASX » Mon May 29, 2017 4:09 pm

a quick update:

the 2nd round of repo builds will be completed tomorrow, both i386 and amd64; I will shift the "test" repo to "current" and will upload the new "test" repositories. ;)

That will include the updated freebsd ports tree and the recently fixes for "tweak-station".

~~~

Upon completation, will start the build of 10.x repositories.

And next ... we will setup some automatic build of ... weekly-ISOs :)

kraileth
Developer
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by kraileth » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:48 am

ASX wrote:a quick update:

the 2nd round of repo builds will be completed tomorrow, both i386 and amd64; I will shift the "test" repo to "current" and will upload the new "test" repositories. ;)

That will include the updated freebsd ports tree and the recently fixes for "tweak-station".
Excellent!
And next ... we will setup some automatic build of ... weekly-ISOs :)
And it keeps getting better and better! Keep up the great work! :D

Kernelpanic
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by Kernelpanic » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:54 am

Thanks guys for this really nice work 8-)

ASX
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by ASX » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:42 am

Kernelpanic wrote:Thanks guys for this really nice work 8-)
kernelpanic, if you use IRC, you can join #ghostbsd or #ghostbsd-dev on Freenode, and get in touch with some of us. ;)

Kernelpanic
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by Kernelpanic » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:20 am

ASX wrote:
Kernelpanic wrote:Thanks guys for this really nice work 8-)
kernelpanic, if you use IRC, you can join #ghostbsd or #ghostbsd-dev on Freenode, and get in touch with some of us. ;)
Certainly, willingly
But where are the other from?(not you ASX,you are in my country :D ). I'm asking it cause i think we have different time zone :roll:
But for sure i will join with you
Cheers

ASX
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GhostBSD 10.3 repositories ?

Post by ASX » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:29 am

Kernelpanic wrote: But where are the other from?
ericbsd is from Canada, 7 hours time difference, you can find him on IRC usually after 22:30 Italy localtime, kraileth is from Merkel-land, a few others from UK (also known as may-exit land) and other from USA (Trumpland) ... some from Brazil ... convbsd is from Romania .... NevilleGoddard is from .. Japan ? ... some of them attend the forum too, some not ... have fun! :D

Post Reply