Suggestion: Wiki for solutions

Discuss development of the GhostBSD system website.

Moderator: Developer

i18nde

Suggestion: Wiki for solutions

Post by i18nde »

It would be nice to have a wiki, where one can add a short description if he/she did found a solution how to install a software or solve a problem.

For instance there is a very old pkg/portstree with TeX Live, there is a better and easy way to install it from tug.org. But, there are some things to do afterwards to get it running smoothly. After finding a solution after some try-and-error sessions it would be good to have a platform where I can share my solutions and perhaps get some tips how to do it better.

At the German *BSD forum we did do such a wiki and it worked fine. One problem: the old users getting older, the new users don't know about it and use other communication platforms like Telegram, what is nice but not a good choice for this specific task.

... just my two pence. :ugeek:
Strawberry fields forever ...
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Suggestion: Wiki for solutions

Post by ericbsd »

We already have a wiki for documenting everything but very few people are contributing to it.
i18nde

Post by i18nde »

ericbsd wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:53 pm We already have a wiki for documenting everything but very few people are contributing to it.
I see, that's a problem. I just found it at the main GhostBSD site. Maybe it's a good idea to put a link here into the forum. Sometimes one has to point the finger ...
Strawberry fields forever ...
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Yeah good idea, if I forgot to do it please bug me about untile I do that.