GhostBSD 11.1beta1

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
hank2000

GhostBSD 11.1beta1

Post by hank2000 »

Hi folks

had my first trials with 11.1beta1 on USB stick but other than with 11.0 didn t come very far.
Installation went through and can boot the stick without problems but it doesn t find wlan, neither xorg works or slim works!
I knew You gave me several hints how to solve the "no screens found" problem with X and I tried the "no wlan problem" section of the FAQs at GhostBSD.
But I m lost where I found WHAT tips for WHAT problem and what to fix first.... :oops:
to start with network to get some stuff at least installed manually: how do I best get this fixed when only lo0 interface shows up after boot?

best
Achim
ASX

Re: GhostBSD 11.1beta1

Post by ASX »

Hi Achim!

where to start ? may be telling us what your hw is ?

Code: Select all

usbconfig
pciconf -lv
scubapro25

Post by scubapro25 »

Sorry, perhaps I'm going blind, but, for some reason did not see a New Post option on this page, so I'm using the Reply option.

Anyway, just wanted to say I downloaded and installed the 11.1 Beta and I really like it--especially the new Package Management and Update system you have made available!

Keep up the great work......your latest fan. :D
Cheers,

Mike
ASX

Post by ASX »

scubapro25 wrote:Sorry, perhaps I'm going blind, but, for some reason did not see a New Post option on this page, so I'm using the Reply option.
hi and welcome!
There is a "newtopic" button but it is visible on each forum section, not on already existent threads. (see below, in red color).

Anyway, just wanted to say I downloaded and installed the 11.1 Beta and I really like it--especially the new Package Management and Update system you have made available!

Keep up the great work......your latest fan. :D
Thanks!
hank2000

Post by hank2000 »

ASX wrote:Hi Achim!

where to start ? may be telling us what your hw is ?

Code: Select all

usbconfig
pciconf -lv
hi ASX and team

well, I will never understand the connection and dependence of USB ports, diff. sticks and GhostBSD behaviour, but:

after 5 attempts over the weekend on my Nokia netbook testbed with GhostBSD 10.3 and 11.1beta with 3 diff. sticks on 3 diff. ports I was able to install all BSD, working slim and X server and seeing wlan with ifconfig 1st time. :)
usbconfig shows me:
- Intel´s 4 USB hubs with:
- built-in Webcam
- SanDisk´s cruzer fit 16GB on USB3 (system)
- N.V. Globetrotter modem
- and some "network device" on USB2

strangely was able to correctly login into X/slim as well this time, same installation, same passwords, same kb layout....

I will test now further and let You know, but why a CNmemory spaceloop 4GB and a Transcend 4GB stick didn t work with either 10.3 AND 11.1beta and gave me NO login, NO x screens and NO wlan with ifconfig, I don´t get it at the moment...beta flaws maybe or still strange USB ports on my netbook?

cheers
Achim
hank2000

Post by hank2000 »

hi folks,

a last reply for this weekend:

additionally to my stuff above I tested the OctoPgk with my fave applications and the GhostBSD repos and all seem to work well.
just wondering:
some progs are in german, incl. desktop, but some like Octopgk keep in english. will this change in final version?

best
Achim
ASX

Post by ASX »

hank2000 wrote:hi folks,

a last reply for this weekend:

additionally to my stuff above I tested the OctoPgk with my fave applications and the GhostBSD repos and all seem to work well.
just wondering:
some progs are in german, incl. desktop, but some like Octopgk keep in english. will this change in final version?

best
Achim
must be a bug somewhere ... so yes, should be fixed.
hank2000

Post by hank2000 »

perfect!
congrats so far anyway, now that the boot/login process works (still wondering about failures prior to that, will test other sticks with a Linux mint for counter check) it runs fast and application response time is ### good for a 1GB RAM netbook. and the new repos work well, too, except for the Perl IDE 'Padre', which doesn t start after installation, but instead 'notes' work again. LOL
Padre exists with an error on DBD::Sqllite with "safety level may not be changed inside a transaction..". sounds fam., will see about that myself!

will see what I can find out else...

best
Achim
angus71

Post by angus71 »

Hi All!
I installed GhostBSD 11.1 Beta today on my ASUS X54C; installation took it's time but went well.
Every device detected and working. So far I only had an issue with an usb-stick; when plugging in I get
an error message, despite that it's working fine, actually. Got a minor issue playing DVDs but that's fixed. Just trying to
get CDs being played as well... :P
Very fine artwork on Mate, keep on going; you're TOP! :mrgreen:
Cheers!
hank2000

Post by hank2000 »

angus71 wrote:Hi All!
I installed GhostBSD 11.1 Beta today on my ASUS X54C; installation took it's time but went well.
Every device detected and working. So far I only had an issue with an usb-stick; when plugging in I get
an error message, despite that it's working fine, actually. Got a minor issue playing DVDs but that's fixed. Just trying to
get CDs being played as well... :P
Very fine artwork on Mate, keep on going; you're TOP! :mrgreen:
Cheers!
Hi Angus

could be helpful, if You could post that error message with the USB stick and tell me, what "minor issue" You had with playing DVD, cause these are exactly issues I had as well in the past (XFburn/Brasero) and could help me to test in the future! ( and may help others as well ;) )

thx for Your infos.

best
Achim