GhostBSD 10.1 torrents don't have a tracker URL

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
kkuriyama

GhostBSD 10.1 torrents don't have a tracker URL

Post by kkuriyama »

The 10.3 torrents are have trackers but not 10.1. Can someone please check into this? Thanks.

ftp://ghostbsd.org/pub/GhostBSD/release ... so.torrent
kraileth

Re: GhostBSD 10.1 torrents don't have a tracker URL

Post by kraileth »

Hi kkuriyama,

I guess the tracker didn't survive the server change. However... Is there a particular reason that you want to download Ève? FreeBSD 10.1, the version that it is based off of, has been "end of life" since the beginning of January and the system should not be run in production any longer. It's mainly kept for historical purposes. If you really need it, you can also download it off the FTP server (just click the blue disc instead of "Torrent Download"). That should still work. But I'm curious why you'd want this version. ;)
kkuriyama

Post by kkuriyama »

I am just hosting Unix distributions and noticed the lack of a tracker on some of the 10.1 files. I'm not a GhostBSD user but reasoned that if the torrent was on ghostbsd.org that it was worth distributing via Bittorrent. Recommend that the 10.1 torrent links be removed if they don't have a URL tracker. Thanks.
kraileth

Post by kraileth »

kkuriyama wrote:I am just hosting Unix distributions and noticed the lack of a tracker on some of the 10.1 files. I'm not a GhostBSD user but reasoned that if the torrent was on ghostbsd.org that it was worth distributing via Bittorrent. Recommend that the 10.1 torrent links be removed if they don't have a URL tracker. Thanks.
You're right of course, the tracker should probably just be removed. Thanks for reporting this (and for your service to Unix users)! :)