Good project.

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
Marco-Croteau

Good project.

Post by Marco-Croteau »

I try for the holiday ghostbsd on my Dell 7320 detachable. Everything works fine except for the sound, I removed Mate and installed Gnome more appropriate for a tablet. The touch screen and everything is detecting perfectly, the problem is the sound card inside the tablet never works, try every tutorial. For bad never find on work. On Linux this works, Tiger lake-lp Smart Sound technology needs sof-firmware to work. Only Linux have today. This is sad Ghostbsd works better than any operation system I have tried so far on the tablet. One day this firmware will be available for Ghostbsd and I hope so, because I can't wait. This is the perfect system for tablets. For now, I need to leave this system and return to Linux, I need to have sound working. But so buggy on Linux. Wish you the best for 2024 and I hope I will see you soon. Thank you so much for all the hard work on this project.
willbproggin

Re: Good project.

Post by willbproggin »

Marco-Croteau wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:12 pm I try for the holiday ghostbsd on my Dell 7320 detachable. Everything works fine except for the sound
Good to hear your story.

I am a Linux user but I am tired of the garbage that is making its way in. Before long, Linux will be almost indistinguishable to Windows. Anyway, I keep trying GhostBSD because I want to eventually get off of Linux completely. Unfortunately, the cold hard facts are that FreeBSD (and in extension GhostBSD) don't get as many eyes on it as Linux does, so certain things go a long time before getting resolved. While Eric and his team work hard but can't tell FreeBSD what to prioritize, I do hope that everyone involved helps bring GhostBSD to more and more devices. :D
An imperfect being created by a perfect God! :D
Marco-Croteau

Post by Marco-Croteau »

Just one suggestion, is possible to include in future releases an on-screen keyboard with Mate desktop, this will be appreciated by people using this operation system on tablets, Borrow a keyboard to a friend is very weird every time someone wants to try a system exploitation not shipping with Gnome desktop.
Marco-Croteau

Post by Marco-Croteau »

Just one suggestion, is possible to include in future releases an on-screen keyboard with Mate desktop, this will be appreciated by people using this operation system on tablets, Borrow a keyboard to a friend is very weird every time someone wants to try a system exploitation not shipping with Gnome desktop.
nevets

Post by nevets »

There's xvkbd in Software Station
This is a virtual onscreen keyboard.