Kicked off Telegram!

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
mikethe1wheelnut

Kicked off Telegram!

Post by mikethe1wheelnut »

With apologies to the people I was chatting with, for no reason known to me, Telegram has.. decided to deny me access. I get: "Sorry, this group is not accessible". ..Maybe I've used up some kind of trial period or something? Or maybe it's my phone service interfering? no idea. It has always been the case that I could post one message before being force to rejoin the group. I've been using telegram from a desktop, in case you're wondering.
mikethe1wheelnut

Re: Kicked off Telegram!

dudes!!

..I've done some research now on what can cause this, and if my conclusions are accurate..

the last thing I said on telegram was the following:

"that's what I'm going to do soon. this is all about.. I'll let fred explain."

I can only conclude that it's because I said that that I got kicked out.. that's crazy! At least give me some kind of warning! If I had realized that that might be the response.. Realize that I was in the full throws of trying to get gpart installed! really! seriously! I was trying to follow the previous instructions! I wasn't being lazy! Now, because you kicked me out, I can't possibly explain there what was going on! I have to type this all up here and wait.. how long? no idea. I might not get any response at all. ever. how am I to know? Are you -really- that touchy????

I repeat: It was a momentary response on my par, had nothing to do with "being lazy". I would have happily explained it all all over again, right away, if I'd had any inkling what the reaction was going to be!

..I'll continue trying to figure out how to get gpart installed..
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

@mikethe1wheelnut What is your user name on Telegram?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Ah, I found out what happened the Captcha bot kicked you. I have restored your access but you will have to rejoin and make sure you answer the Captcha bot.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Oh, I am sorry about that.
mikethe1wheelnut

..well, that's interesting..

..I'm obviously curious about why exactly the bot kicked me off. cause whose to say it won't happen again? I have zero interest in going through that experience again, as you can well imagine. and yes, I've re-installed ubuntu again, configurred it all nice, weeks ago, so I can't provide any more info on what happened to my system.