When can we expect Full Disk Encryption support in the installer ?

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
security_lover

When can we expect Full Disk Encryption support in the installer ?

Post by security_lover »

Vanilla FreeBSD offers Full Disk Encryption in their installer. When can we expect Full Disk Encryption support in the GhostBSD installer ?
I am paranoid about security !
ericbsd
Developer

Re: When can we expect Full Disk Encryption support in the installer ?

Post by ericbsd »

I am basically alone working with the installer and I need to take time to learn how geli works to fix pc-sysinstall.

It has been a request for years, but I never manage to make it work.
security_lover

Post by security_lover »

In that case I will have to think of an alternative. I am thinking of installing Veracrypt.
I am paranoid about security !
GhosBSD.User.82202

Post by GhosBSD.User.82202 »

Hello,
I wanted to post the same question :lol:
( For instance, Dragonfly BSD Mate DE offers the Encryption to disk option during installation you can even choose which partitions to encrypt and keep free others for Data or another OS... Perso I use UEFI, /boot 1024M, swap 16 G Encrypted, / 166G Encrypted and /build 35G not encrypted )

We can easily create an extra encrypted Data partition ( vfat, nfts, ext4, ) using a linux liveUSB with gnome-disk ( openSUSE, Fedora mate, Ubuntu ) or using commercial & free extra application to encrypt data after install.

The real problem is passwords, WEB surf history, etc.. which are kept on GhostBSD this prevents me from fully using GhostBSD ( That I really appreciate ! ) and Installation with disk encryption becomes now a real standard and even a must have .

Then hopping that Encryption will be available soon and thanks for your great job.

Best Regards
lusmo

Post by lusmo »

Hello, I would like to ask if there is anything new about the option to encrypt the entire drive?
I would like to use Ghost BSD on my laptop, but it is not possible without encryption.
Are there any new developments?
Thank you very much for your answer!