Some issues...

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
bigblack

Some issues...

Post by bigblack »

First off I would like to say I like the distribution - finally a bsd I can get on board with - but...

There are at least two problems, the first is that the mate desktop even though on first boot after install fully loaded, at the second login, all that happens is that the device icons appear on the screen - no panel/bar at the top and bottom, and even the icons take longer than they ought to load. I got around this by loading xfce4 which starts fine.

The second is with usb inserted drives that when inserted mount fine, but even though one hits unmount they do not do so, so one has to open a command window and manually unmount. True, I mostly use ext3, but my experience with freebsd is that this is fine.

Also, recognised and setup the display without monging out over the fact that the main graphics is radeon - probably setup the intel hdmi grahics - as most distribution accomplish.

Just like freebsd the touchpad is not recognised - will not work - but I guess this is an inherited problem.

Have also noticed what must be a process/s running that causea powerdrain and the cpu fan to be often running.

I have installed on a dell core i7 laptop 16gb ram.