A couple notes using GhostBSD 4.0 Alpha

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
mrmdls

A couple notes using GhostBSD 4.0 Alpha

Post by mrmdls »

Just installed GhostBSD 4.0 Alpha, and there was a couple hiccups that I noticed. During the initial install, the installer failed both using the option of using the entire disk, and with the partition editor on a hard drive that previously did not have BSD installed. I ended up using GhostBSD 2.5 to create the partitions in order to install the 4.0 alpha. In addition once installed, my network card was not enabled. I enabled "gre" network module and the corresponding "re0" for my ethernet card in boot/loader.conf and then rebooted the machine in order to get my network up.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: A couple notes using GhostBSD 4.0 Alpha

Post by ericbsd »

The network manager add permission problem got it fix now and for the installer the pc-sysinstall log will be useful for me.
ovinet

Post by ovinet »

Same probleme here Eric. Hdd missing in GBI. I will try to provide that log file.
ovinet

Post by ovinet »

I can't find pc-sysinstall log, GBI did not failed, only it can't find hdd. I selected the "use entire disk" option and GBI just show an empty window. This tests was made on virtualbox with default settings at first and with ahci after that. Same results in both cases.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

I have the same problem on virtualbox at the moment.