gMobileMedia as default mobile phone manager

Want to see something new in a future version of GhostBSD? Let us know!

Moderator: Developer

Prince

gMobileMedia as default mobile phone manager

Post by Prince »

In these modern times, how can a full fledge desktop operating system be complete without a universal mobile phone filesystem manager? Nowadays, people desire the capability to easily download and upload images, photos, and ringtones, among other applications, too. It's important to backup your phone files.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: gMobileMedia as default mobile phone manager

Post by ericbsd »

gMobileMedia look interesting, not in FreeBSD ports, but I might try to port it in future.
pinmikaa

Re: gMobileMedia as default mobile phone manager

Post by pinmikaa »

That said, the last time I tried to run a minimal BSD, it was probably NetBSD or FreeBSD, I couldn't remember how to run any commands or programs to get past the opaque colored blank screen someone dubbed a desktop. But to answer your question, YES, I would be more than willing attempt building MATE on FreeBSD. Of course I will need a crash course to succeed lol. I wasnt aware of the shift to strictly 64 bit in Ghost though. I should have assumed it. Since I did read on Distrowatch a while back that PC-BSD phased out 32 bit. Im not sure if the G3 is 32 or 64 bit. In fact I may need to run Ghost 3.5 live cd before I attempt an upgrade on my Ghost hard drive as I am pretty certain it is 32 bit. Which poses the question, if I upgrade the 32 bit GhostBSD os on my flash drive to 64 bit will it still run when plugged into a 32 computer? Sorry I'm all over the map with topics. The more I read and wrote the more questions came to mind. Darned Red Bull and Ephedrine does it everytime lo
Get free demos for german language exam and mcts exam with learn to speak japanese guaranteed success. Our University of Kansas Medical Center best quality prepares you well before appearing in the final exams.