Tried to install a package (chromium) with pkg download speed 50-90 kbytes/sec maximum why is so slow ???

Everything related to Installing and maintaining software.
chrisfromgreece

Tried to install a package (chromium) with pkg download speed 50-90 kbytes/sec maximum why is so slow ???

Post by chrisfromgreece »

Very slow repositories why is that ? any ideas?
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Tried to install a package (chromium) with pkg download speed 50-90 kbytes/sec maximum why is so slow ???

Post by ericbsd »

From what part of the of the world are you living?
chrisfromgreece

Re: Tried to install a package (chromium) with pkg download speed 50-90 kbytes/sec maximum why is so slow ???

this probably was a problem with my router, after that i have no problem but the download speed is generally lower of that that i have on linux distros takes more time to download.
I like ghostbsd very much and freebsd is nice too and pretty simply to install but the installation process takes more and configuring sound ,codecs and video etc takes even more time .
I would be happy if kaffeine would work with my dvb card on vlc i can play some tv channels but on kaffeine my dvb adapter is not detected for some reason kaffeine scans all greek channels where w_scan doesn't.
Shotcut doesn't work and kdenlive works only without gpu acceleration because i have nvidia graphics card , i hope trueos would port the newest kdenlive version its very needed cause it fixes many problems.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

You can change the pkg repos to "http://pkg.fr.ghostbsd.org/stable/FreeB ... d64/latest in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/GhostBSD.conf that will probably run faster for you if you are in Europe.
chrisfromgreece

Also i wonder why shotcut doesn't run on ghostbsd where on freebsd i was able to run shotcut, on ghostbsd i got a segmentation fault i wonder why.
Also i forgot where i found the guide to setting up the hplip printing system for my hp printer.
I tried to install hplip from octopkg but it doesn't work at all may i should try to run it as root don't know ,
maybe i should try installing hplip from ports . I forgot completely how i installed it the last time and worked just fine :-( :-(
Also it would be cool for ghostbsd to have a release with dwm suckless.
ericbsd wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:02 am You can change the pkg repos to "http://pkg.fr.ghostbsd.org/stable/FreeB ... d64/latest in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/GhostBSD.conf that will probably run faster for you if you are in Europe.