Anybody else having issues with Ports

Installing and maintaining software with the FreeBSD Ports Collection.
fmh
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:07 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anybody else having issues with Ports

Post by fmh » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:51 pm

It doesn't bother me that Chromium isn't installed by default. I would like to be able to install it though.

offthegrid
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anybody else having issues with Ports

Post by offthegrid » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Chromium was just a suggestion.

Should I not have run pkg update -f?

User avatar
ericbsd
Developer
Posts: 1274
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Anybody else having issues with Ports

Post by ericbsd » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Things gonna get easier with installing the software on GhostBSD in the future.

offthegrid
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anybody else having issues with Ports

Post by offthegrid » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 am

Sounds good.

fmh
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:07 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anybody else having issues with Ports

Post by fmh » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:31 pm

I did the suggested

1: First open a terminal and type sudo ee /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf
2: Second replace url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest", by url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/new_xorg",
3: Third press Esc, press a and press a again to save.

Totally messed up my system. Threw dozens of errors when trying to do anything with installing or searching for software. All kinds of libraries and files could not be found on new_xorg. What was strange was about 90% of the files could be found but would barf for the other 10%.

I deleted the VM and started over.

Post Reply