Touchscreen on HP Elitebook

Help with issues concerning notebooks, laptops and netbooks.
ouaille_aime_scier_

Touchscreen on HP Elitebook

Post by ouaille_aime_scier_ »

Hello guys,

To activate my touchscreen on HP Elitebook do I have to use the libinput or the wacom driver ?
Then, after installing the good driver, I guess I have to edit a configuration file in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ ?

Thanks for advance.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Touchscreen on HP Elitebook

Post by ericbsd »

Yeah, that the parts that I will not be useful, I have no experience with that since I do not have any hardware with a touchscreen. you can look at https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/touc ... ort.71881/ that might give you help where to start.
ouaille_aime_scier_

ericbsd wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:40 pm Yeah, that the parts that I will not be useful, I have no experience with that since I do not have any hardware with a touchscreen. you can look at https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/touc ... ort.71881/ that might give you help where to start.
Thanks Eric, I have already tested the recommendations of this post but without success for the moment, I will get back to it.
ouaille_aime_scier_

I installed the wacom driver to recognize my touchscreen (neither wmt nor webcamd with evdev recognize it).
Although it is not necessary to configure a wacom.conf file in the /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory, I copied the wacom.conf.example file.
The xsetwacom list devices command tells me this :
eric@eric-ghostbsd:~ % xsetwacom list devices
wacom stylus id: 8 type: STYLUS
wacom eraser id: 9 type: ERASER
wacom pad id: 10 type: PAD
But nothing happens with the touchscreen.