want to shutdown laptop at 5% battery level.

Help with issues concerning notebooks, laptops and netbooks.
Senenmut

want to shutdown laptop at 5% battery level.

Post by Senenmut »

Hi there,

have setup "shutdown at critical state" in the Ghost Tool from mate. On board enery mangement.
But there is no shutdown.
Can anyone mention a tool for smooth handling in percentage manner for latop battery management in BSD ?
Have seen many tools in the ports collection from FreeBsd Page. However shutdown option is not described anywhere.
Which one is a good one ?

Greeting
SM
wb7odyfred

Re: want to shutdown laptop at 5% battery level.

Post by wb7odyfred »

Good question SM, wonder if a cron job every 10 minutes can perform a sysctrl command to read battery level, write shell script to message all users, then issue a shutdown - h +5 minutes to powerdown?
Senenmut

Post by Senenmut »

hello and thank you for that kindy answers,
i am running GhostBsd and have the mate powermanagement tool.
that tool is catching the battery first which is called "samsung sdi dell mt2648 (80%)" , but has also a second one
which is called "Laptop-Battery (0)%" and specifications "unknown".
Just to say that it has one has is not defined. don't know why.
can it be that only this one is recognized by the mate tool as a real shutdown one ?
perhaps a kind of definition inside the mate tool.
however, i can write a script of course when the problem remains even if tools like mate power management are in use.

Greetings
SM
Senenmut

Post by Senenmut »

i find out the secondary battery is a module battery. it can be put in where the CD rom drive is for replacement and secondary power.
nothing to do with the "shutdown" function of software installed.
it should be function right but the mate power management software is not shutdown at a critical battery state.