OpenGL 1.1 and 3.3 throwing GLX errors BadValue, etc.

Help with graphics cards on GhostBSD.
Samuel Venable

OpenGL 1.1 and 3.3 throwing GLX errors BadValue, etc.

Post by Samuel Venable »

I can't remember the what i selected when installing GhostBSD, but I believe it was the AMD driver because i didn't see nvidia listed. I am using my system for game development, with a software called enigma.

www.enigma-dev.org

I am one of the two people who ported enigma to FreeBSD, I wrote the install instructions, and it works in the original FreeBSD running KDE as the desktop environment (which the current DE shouldn't make a difference afaict) and as well as NomadBSD. Every time I install engima on GhostBSD however, the java-based LateralGM IDE runs fine, I can even run and build projects. The projects are built with the java native access plugin and the engine itself uses C++ for clang++ compiling. But because the compiled projects rely on OpenGL, specifically either 1.1 or 3.3, it just craps out with no window opening and the process returns 1 with a GLX error.

I built a debug executable and ran with gdb but it said there is no backtrace.

I'm guessing this was a graphics driver related issue, so I installed the nvidia driver, nvidia xorg config, and nvidia settings packages. I'm using the latest versions. I also followed a tutorial by Robonuggie to get everything setup with the rc.conf, loader.conf, etc.

Still nothing. I can't run anything with OpenGL, or perhaps at the very least anything built with enigma. I'm not sure if the problem is with all opengl apps or just enigma built ones, but the source code hasn't changed at all since the time i last tested on regular FreeBSD and NomadBSD.

running nvidia settings, will print this:

Code: Select all

ERROR: NVIDIA driver is not loaded
ERROR: Unable to load info from any available system
Thanks!
Samuel