How to install driver to graphic card Park [Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470

Help with graphics cards on GhostBSD.
wlodarek1

How to install driver to graphic card Park [Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470

Post by wlodarek1 »

Hallo it is my first post on this forum , i newbie in GhostBSD
I using laptop Acer aspire 7540 G with graphic card ;
vgapci0@pci0:2:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x02941025 chip=0x68e01002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]'
device = 'Park [Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470]'
class = display
subclass = VGA
I install drivers AMDGPU and ATI , added lines to files
amdgpu_load="YES"
ati_load="YES"
/boot/loader.conf and /etc/rc.conf
But is not helping ; display is detect as "unknown " and have a resolution 1152 x 864 0 hz
instead correct 1400 x 900 60 hz .
When from at the beginning I running live DVD with newest ghostbsd -
- live system detecting graphic card corectly as "laptop" and set the correct resolution
When live system is started I select AMD graphic driver
How to configure the system installed on the SSD disk to have the correct resolution ?
sweeney

Re: How to install driver to graphic card Park [Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470

Post by sweeney »

I am having similar after installing GhostBSD with the VESA due to "Invisible mouse pointer" issue.
Being the Mobility Radeon HD 5400 series, you may need the radeonkms module instead of the amdgpu module.
Have look at this - https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics#AMD_Graphics

I hope you have better luck than me. ;)
sweeney

Re: How to install driver to graphic card Park [Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470

Post by sweeney »

I've got mine working!
Make sure that have the drm-kmod package installed (of which you may already have). Run the following commands as root:
pkg install drm-kmod
This should make sure that drivers are installed. Being a Radeon Mobilty HD 7000 and earlier, we need to set to set the radeondms driver to load at startup:
sysrc kld_list="/boot/modules/radeonkms.ko"
Next edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf so the "Device" section looks like this:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "radeon"
EndSection
Note: It is better to move or delete the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and force xorg to auto-detect.
Now reboot. If the driver is loading at startup, you will see the console output change screen resolution before xorg starts. Note the screen resolution will have not changed, but you should be able to go to System => Preferences => Hardware => Displays, and if xorg is using the right driver, you should be able to set the desired resolution.
I hope this helps