I have an amd A12 with intergrated R7 graphics doesn't load the amdgpu driver when on linux it works with amdgpu

Help with graphics cards on GhostBSD.
chrisfromgreece

I have an amd A12 with intergrated R7 graphics doesn't load the amdgpu driver when on linux it works with amdgpu

Post by chrisfromgreece »

I have no acceleration in anything on live usb system !
When i install it ,while booting it gives me some strange characters with strange colors /artifacts? and reboots the system or freeze the system !!!!
!!! CAN'T EVEN BOOT !!!!!
Please help !
And please make a guide or add it to ghostbsd wiki how to configure the system for opensource amdgpu driver !
Please i would like to test again if you help !
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Re: I have an amd A12 with intergrated R7 graphics doesn't load the amdgpu driver when on linux it works with amdgpu

Post by NevilleGoddard »

Sorry for the late reply but what version of GhostBSD are you using?
chrisfromgreece

Re: I have an amd A12 with intergrated R7 graphics doesn't load the amdgpu driver when on linux it works with amdgpu

Post by chrisfromgreece »

The latest. it doesn't have acceleration at all !! On linux it works fast with the amdgpu opensource driver !.
Now i have installed an nvidia geforce it works out of the box but my biggest problem is that i have 6 wifi adapters and works with a very tiny usb adapter i have very crappy very slow ! Is there something i can do about this ? i'm really in to alternative operating system and i want to stop gaming and be more focused, can you help me make my system recognise my wifi adapter ?? why it doesn't recognise anyone ????
I can't use it if i don't have at least a fast wifi connection !!!
NevilleGoddard wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:15 am Sorry for the late reply but what version of GhostBSD are you using?
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

Can you please give more details about your computer model and hardware?