Samsubg SybcMaster 191T Plus Monitor on intel gpu/lenovo laptop

Help with graphics cards on GhostBSD.
rs79

Samsubg SybcMaster 191T Plus Monitor on intel gpu/lenovo laptop

Post by rs79 »

GBSD installed with nary a hitch and works fine with the minitors around here, save one, the one in the title.

Even Windows has issues with this monitor, sometimes it shows up as 1024 or 1280 other timee it'll show up as 1400 at a higher scan rate which is what it's capable of.

But I get 1024px on GBSD. Can some kind sould please tell me what to put in what file to let it know the actual monitor capabiloities pleaqse?
wb7odyfred

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 191T Plus Monitor on intel gpu/lenovo laptop

Post by wb7odyfred »

Here you can run this script file or click on the desktop icon, to generate a user report for upload GURU to locate what configuration file sets up the monitor pixel size.
https://t.me/ghostbsd/143999/149237 Here is a message I posted on Telegram GhostBSD group.

Code: Select all

pkg add generate_user_report-1.0_2.pkg

Code: Select all

chmod +x User_Report.sh
./User_Report.sh  > My_computer_report.txt
https://t.me/ghostbsd/143999/157106 user 3327 supplied this answer below:

Before making any changes, ensure you know the specific capabilities of your monitor, including its native resolution and refresh rate.

Open the Xorg configuration file located at `/etc/X11/xorg.conf`. You will need root privileges to edit this file.

Open the Xorg configuration file in a text editor. You can use the `sudo` command with your preferred text editor. For example:
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Within the Xorg configuration file, locate the Monitor section or add a new one if it doesn't exist. Here's an example of how it might look:

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
HorizSync 30-83
VertRefresh 56-76
# Add the following line with your monitor's actual resolution:
DisplaySize 340 270
Modeline "1400xXXXX" XXX.XX XXXX XXXX XXXX
EndSection
Replace "1400xXXXX" with the desired resolution, and replace XXX.XX XXXX XXXX XXXX with the values for the modeline, which you can typically find in the monitor's documentation or online.

After making the necessary changes, save the file and exit the text editor.

To apply the changes, restart X
Last edited by wb7odyfred on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Samsubg SybcMaster 191T Plus Monitor on intel gpu/lenovo laptop

Post by ericbsd »

@rs79 What mate GPU MATE system monitor? And do you see some intel drivers in the kld list in /etc/rc.conf?