unresponsive network manager control

Help with setting up network cards, including WiFi cards.
tree

unresponsive network manager control

Post by tree »

I just installed 19.04. I click the ethernet plug icon in the upper-right of the desktop to access the network manager. It shows a list of available wifi network hubs, so it appears my wifi card is recognized. I click on the name of the network that I want to connect to and nothing happens. No dialogue box, nothing. Is this supposed to work?

The network manager also appears to be absent from the System menu. Is that intentional?
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Re: unresponsive network manager control

Post by NevilleGoddard »

What is your wifi card?
Does it work in live mode?
Sorry for the trouble.
You may get quicker help if you join the GhostBSD telegram channel.
tree

Re: unresponsive network manager control

Post by tree »

Hi Neville,

Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 73)

By 'live mode' I assume you mean booting from a flash drive. Answer is no. In that case, no available networks are shown. But once the OS is installed on disk, then wifi networks are displayed. I just can't seem to configure any using the network manager icon as the access point.

I'm not going to open another thread on this, but the audio speaker icon in the upper right doesn't appear to work. When I click it, it's blank, as in an empty white rectangle. I assume it's supposed to show a slider control or something like that. I can't configure output sound, but the input sound channel seems to be recognized as I see deflection in the input level meter.

Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

As mentioned in my other post, this hardware worked once upon a time with PC-BSD 10.2 and the MATE desktop. I'm simply looking into possible alternatives.

Thanks for checking in.