NVMe not listed in Thunar

Support for other hardware categories not listed below.
swingstar

NVMe not listed in Thunar

Post by swingstar »

Yesterday I decided I had enough of Linux and wanted to install BSD. Although I have many years experience with Linux, and,
maybe 10 years ago did play with BSD for a year or so, now I want to make BSD my way of life, so to speak

I am just having a little problem finding my way around GhostBSD. If I could just solve this one problem I would be very happy.
I have an NVMe drive that is in a PCIe adaptor and GhostBSD doesnt appear to automatically recognise it and mount it.
I went back to my linux installation to check the drive still works, and it does under linux.
I am stuck for a way to make it work in GhostBSD because I dont understand what tools to use to interrogate the drives
and dont fully understand the output of "gpart list"

Is there a way to have Ghost recognise this drive and mount it automatically? If not, what procedure should
I follow (including the name of various utilities and files) in order to achieve an scan and automatic mount of that drive?
swingstar

Re: NVMe not listed in Thunar

Post by swingstar »

It's ok i solved it using

Code: Select all

# su
fuse-ext2 -o allow_other,force,uid=1001,gid=1001,umask=022 /dev/nvd0 /media/my-nvme-drive-name