'Forum rules' - Ouch!

Have some non-GhostBSD related questions, or want just to chit-chat about anything that is not necessarily related to GhostBSD? This is the forum for you.
willbproggin

'Forum rules' - Ouch!

Post by willbproggin »

Greetings everyone,

I just read this posting about posting posts. All I can say is 'Ouch!'

My primary language is English, however the rules in that post are pretty strict! For example:
Why you should never, ever use two (or more) spaces after a period.
This point doesn't make sense grammatically. There is no reason listed for why you shouldn't use double spaces after a period. In American schools (at least when I went to school) it was taught that there is always two spaces after a period, exclamation point, question mark and so-on. Maybe they changed this in later years, but trying to unlearn something driven into your head by school teachers is difficult.

That 'Rules' post almost looks similar to something DutchDaemon wrote many years ago on the FreeBSD forums. He was a stickler for grammar and spelling -- don't know if he is still.

Anyway, I will try to conform to these rules, but due to serious brain injuries and some tough illnesses throughout my life, I may actually make a mistake or two. Hope everyone can forgive me! :(
An imperfect being created by a perfect God! :D
ericbsd
Developer

Re: 'Forum rules' - Ouch!

Post by ericbsd »

It is old and it is not being implemented. It should be revised.
willbproggin

Re: 'Forum rules' - Ouch!

Post by willbproggin »

ericbsd wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:01 pm It is old and it is not being implemented. It should be revised.
Hi Eric.

Oh good, okay. I do try to write my best, but with age, autism and brain injuries it's harder now.

Thanks! :D
An imperfect being created by a perfect God! :D