Good to be back.

Have some non-GhostBSD related questions, or want just to chit-chat about anything that is not necessarily related to GhostBSD? This is the forum for you.
RJPugh

Good to be back.

Post by RJPugh »

My compliments to the developers of GhostBSD's install script. I just installed the system on my Dell system, and it went flawlessly. That can't be said for any other install of FreeBSD or Linux I have performed. Usually it takes two tries for everything to finally work out. But this time it went perfectly, right out of the starting gate.

Naturally the first thing I did was start installing the ports tree so that I could get my favorite applications and window manager back up. I have Software Station running in the background.

I used PC-BSD and TrueOS for several years, but some time back I drifted away. Largely because everyone else in my house is a Windows user, and I followed the line of least resistance. I also had other issues on my mind, so Beesdie sort of fell by the wayside. But new things have entered the mix, so I'm returning to the world of FreeBSD. I was saddened to see that TrueOS was no longer active, but that kind of thing happens in the world of open source. But if tonight's experience is anything to go by, I suspect GhostBSD will suit me just fine.

It's good to be back.
8-)