Will Project Trident's decision affect GhostBSD?

Have some non-GhostBSD related questions, or want just to chit-chat about anything that is not necessarily related to GhostBSD? This is the forum for you.
hunghung

Will Project Trident's decision affect GhostBSD?

Post by hunghung »

They're going to migrate to an alternate operating system. The article is here: https://project-trident.org/post/train_changes/
hunghung

Re: Will Project Trident's decision affect GhostBSD?

Post by hunghung »

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/free ... ent.72620/

It seems they are going for Void Linux. What about GhostBSD? Will you follow Trident?
Artim

Post by Artim »

Project Trident's decision is the reason I just showed up here to GhostBSD. Plus I'm a Xfce fan, so this was made for me!
hunghung

Post by hunghung »

Please give us an answer.
chrisfromgreece

Post by chrisfromgreece »

I'm not a ghostbsd dev and i dont know a lot but i'm sure that ghostbsd will still remain a freebsd operating system and not go to linux.
I'm completely frustrated after i learned that its crazy whats the point to create yet another linux distro ? lol ? i can create 10 of them in a week !
Anyway project trident were members of the trueos project that moved to project trident

hunghung wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:45 pm Please give us an answer.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

I just saw this forum post on twitter this morning, I was out for the long weekend it was Thanksgiving yesterday.

To answer this "Will Project Trident's decision affect GhostBSD?" the short answer is No! The long one Will be posted later and I will link it here.
RoboNuggie

Post by RoboNuggie »

I think you will be getting an increase in users, which is never a bad thing :-)
Somehow GhostLinux doesn't sound as good :-P
Artim

Post by Artim »

Looks like Trident is turning to Void Linux. At least they are avoiding the dreaded systemd.
hunghung

Post by hunghung »

ericbsd wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:25 am I just saw this forum post on twitter this morning, I was out for the long weekend it was Thanksgiving yesterday.

To answer this "Will Project Trident's decision affect GhostBSD?" the short answer is No! The long one Will be posted later and I will link it here.
I'm waiting for the long version.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Here is my answer to everything https://www.ghostbsd.org/node/194 and please we are not forums about trident so keep your thoughts for yourself.