DistroTube poll

Have some non-GhostBSD related questions, or want just to chit-chat about anything that is not necessarily related to GhostBSD? This is the forum for you.
Casper

DistroTube poll

Post by Casper »

Hello, everyone! Derek at DistroTube is taking a poll to see which new distro he's going to live in for a month. Go vote for our favorite:

https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2001016x709b4371-54
Casper

Re: DistroTube poll

Post by Casper »

DerekT

Post by DerekT »

Cannot wait to jump into GhostBSD. Will be interesting to try to produce my videos and the occasional live stream in GhostBSD. Should be fun!
"Linux should hurt a little." -- DT
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

Thanks for picking GhostBSD.
Good luck!
Casper

Post by Casper »

DerekT wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:47 pm Cannot wait to jump into GhostBSD. Will be interesting to try to produce my videos and the occasional live stream in GhostBSD. Should be fun!
I'm super excited to see you testing GhostBSD, Derek. I just stumbled into the BSD world, found GhostBSD, and quickly became a fan and Patron. Your reviews have always come across as fair and thorough, so I'm eager to hear your opinion, since I don't use my computer for anything as specific as you do, and I'd love to see GhostBSD get put through its paces.
DerekT

Post by DerekT »

I have an Icy Dock (and a couple of extra SSDs) on order. Should arrive within a week. Once I get the Icy Dock installed I'll go ahead and install GhostBSD. That way I will still have my current Linux installation on an SSD still, just in case. As long as I can get OBS, kdenlive, audacity and gimp installed, I should be fine.
"Linux should hurt a little." -- DT
b6s6d6

Post by b6s6d6 »

DerekT wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:35 pm I have an Icy Dock (and a couple of extra SSDs) on order. Should arrive within a week. Once I get the Icy Dock installed I'll go ahead and install GhostBSD. That way I will still have my current Linux installation on an SSD still, just in case. As long as I can get OBS, kdenlive, audacity and gimp installed, I should be fine.
You'll be fine then, all of those are part of the ports collection. To check if a program is available on FreeBSD I recommend this site: https://www.freshports.org
As long as you find it there it's very likely to be available on GhostBSD too ;)
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

Best to check Octopkg for the package first
Casper

Post by Casper »

NevilleGoddard wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:53 pm Best to check Octopkg for the package first
+1
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

DerekT wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:47 pm Cannot wait to jump into GhostBSD. Will be interesting to try to produce my videos and the occasional live stream in GhostBSD. Should be fun!
Yeah, I think that was more Frustration than fun. I have seen that some people were able to use USB mic on the FreeBSD forums, but they did not put how they did it. I have tried to get my webcam, but I was not able to use it yet.

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/tryi ... ity.50122/

https://www.google.com/search?q=freebsd ... =firefox-b