Update station

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
NeverSimple

Update station

Post by NeverSimple »

Does anyone know how 'update station' is suppose to work? I Installed GhostBSD 11.1-ALPHA, BETA and now 11.1-RELEASE on 3 different machines (9 installs) and it never worked anywhere. The only thing that seems to happen after I start 'update station' is a tiny, tiny icon (can't see what it's supposed to be) get's attached to the mousecursor for about 20 seconds. Nothing else.

Can't seem to find some obvious configuration file or anything in a log file.

Having said that: Really happy with 11.1 so far. Was a bit of a struggle to get wireless working on my recently acquired laptop (just a standard Intel 7260 wlan adapter), but after following steps posted by NevilleGoddard on this forum all is working fine now.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Update station

Post by ericbsd »

Update Station start at the login time and when the icon appears the only thing to do is to left click the icon in the tray when it appears.
NeverSimple

Post by NeverSimple »

Ah, got it. I think what confused me is that it is listed in the application menu, like something you could run :?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Yea it is kind of my fault I did not think about that. I will change that soon in the code to start looking for updates when starting it from System>Administration and open the update window instead of starting the process for the tray.
NeverSimple

Post by NeverSimple »

Great! that was indeed what I was expecting would happen. I will find the update when it's ready.

Good luck with the future of GhostBSD.