live usb question

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
john_j

live usb question

Post by john_j »

Hi All,

I've just created a live USB using GhostBSD10.1-BETA2-20150712-0019-xfce-amd64.iso. When I boot to it to goes to the installer, which made me think it was going to install over my existing system but thankfully it didn't, and then comes up to the Live User login. From the Live User login page I have tried to log in and keep being put back to that same log in. I've tried with no password and I've tried with a variety of "typical" passwords like root, toor, admin.

I used dd if=GhostBSD10.1-BETA2-20150712-0019-xfce-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=1M conv=sync on Debian Jessie from a root terminal to created the Live USB.

Does GhostBSD typically require a password to log into the Live USB? I am not able to change the user to root with no password, which I read was required on a previous release.
bsdkeith

Re: live usb question

Post by bsdkeith »

Try 'live' as the login.
Linux user since 1999; & now a BSD user.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

No password required just press enter.
john_j

Post by john_j »

bsdkeith and ericbsd

Thanks but live wasn't it and I've tried without a password many times and just keep being put back to the login. I think I'll try the Stable release and let you know if that make a difference.

john_j
bsdkeith

Post by bsdkeith »

Did you check the integrity of your download(?).
Linux user since 1999; & now a BSD user.
john_j

Post by john_j »

Hi bsdkeith,

I did not, but I still have the iso in my downloads folder and will check, thanks for reminding me to do that.

John