Desktop Icons Won't Launch (Solved)

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
frogprince

Desktop Icons Won't Launch (Solved)

Post by frogprince »

Hi, I just installed GhostBSD 24 on a Lenovo 500X Touch. I figured out how to install ports and LibreOffice, which IIRC used to be included with the base install, and how to find out my disk capacity with System Monitor since the MATE Disk Usage Analyzer won't work with ZFS. But I have one other problem: the desktop icons (Computer, Home, Trash, Firefox) will not open when single- or double-clicked. The panel icons and the Application icons work fine. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by frogprince on Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vas you efer in Zinzinnati? Asus F1A75-M, AMD A8-3870 APU, 6 GB DDR3/120 GB SSD, GeForce 210, missing front drive panel just like its owner.
neville
Developer

Re: Desktop Icons Won't Li,aunch

Post by neville »

kldload ig4
kldload iicbus
kldload iichid

Try these commands as root and see it works
frogprince

Re: Desktop Icons Won't Li,aunch

Post by frogprince »

Neville: thanks for your prompt response! However, when I tried that, I got no changes. Then, I made a change to double-click timeout in my trackpad settings, and that seemed to fix it. The trackpad on this old machine feels like it needs some help. I'm installing libsynaptics in addition to the x86synaptics driver as a start to see if I have more parameters that I can adjust that way.

Thanks for your help!
Vas you efer in Zinzinnati? Asus F1A75-M, AMD A8-3870 APU, 6 GB DDR3/120 GB SSD, GeForce 210, missing front drive panel just like its owner.
neville
Developer

Re: Desktop Icons Won't Launch (Solved)

Post by neville »

Great. I'm glad it's working. There's a GhostBSD channel on the Telegram app for other tips and tricks