VirtualBox kernal error on boot

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
amos

VirtualBox kernal error on boot

Post by amos »

On my quest to run an application in wine I loaded VirtualBox. I know lubuntu + wine +app works but I just want it "under one roof". One problem I have is I am experiencing "VirtualBox kernal not running" every-time I boot. Is this something to do with Linuxulator? Is there a package missing in the repos? Do I need to do more configuring? (which is probably the case). Should I try try and download and use the latest version from the site rather than using the repo version? I am a newbie to this OS discourse! The wiki appears to be out of date. I tried the the dkms install - but no luck-it does not exist in the repo.
There is so much chaff on the internet - as a 50 year old I don't have time to read it all - I just need one reliable source. I am using ghostbsd-xfce- out of the box at the time of writing so that I don't introduce more problems. What am I doing wrong or what missing actions do I need to take? I am not partial to this world of sieving 20 year old articles that have no relevancy so if you can help I would very appreciate it.
Or is the message just a red herring?
amos

or your info

Post by amos »

For your info the VM boots OK and the app is 32bit. I have a funny feeling that this will be a problem too. But hetho one problem at a time.
wb7odyfred

Re: VirtualBox kernal error on boot

Post by wb7odyfred »

@Ericbsd says he was compiling 32 bit libraries and make them available for GhostBSD 64bit Operating System. keep looking