Finished installing GhostBSD .... Caja has a serious bug

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
security_lover

Finished installing GhostBSD .... Caja has a serious bug

Post by security_lover »

The problem is quite difficult to describe but I will try my best. I have two hard drives. One Samsung SSD where GhostBSD is installed & the second one is a spinning HDD where I store my data. I was using Linux before I installed GhostBSD so the filesystem on the spinning drive is EXT4.

After booting GhostBSD when I launch Caja the partition is listed on the left pane. Its called ada0p1. When I click on it I see all my files & folder but once I click on a folder everything just vanishes as if the partition is empty. I tried clicking the Back & Forward buttons but as I said once I click on a folder there is no way to access anything on that partition using Caja.

As a temporary workaround I have installed Thunar. Thunar is working perfectly.

So why is this happening & is there a fix ?
I am paranoid about security !
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Finished installing GhostBSD .... Caja has a serious bug

Post by ericbsd »

I rarely deal with EXT4, but I was able to reproduce it on my test laptop. The only problem I am not sure where to start to fix that.
security_lover

Re: Finished installing GhostBSD .... Caja has a serious bug

Post by security_lover »

ericbsd wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:30 am I rarely deal with EXT4, but I was able to reproduce it on my test laptop. The only problem I am not sure where to start to fix that.
No problem. I will keep using Thunar. If you find a fix please leave a reply here.
I am paranoid about security !