Hangs at Splash Screen

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
geffers

Hangs at Splash Screen

Post by geffers »

Folks,

I am an experienced Linux user but having many problems trying to experience GhostBSD.

Downloaded latest image installer, installed to it's own drive, says all successful and invited me to reboot to enjoy GhostBSD

Just hangs at the splash screen. Various key presses get get no response, have to do a power off reset to get control back.

Used the ReFind boot manager as never been able to boot with the other option, if I go to the Ghost icon to boot it'll just hang, if I press the 'tab' ket to edit it shows;

Boot Options for EFI\ghostbsd\BOOTX64-GHOSTBSD.EFI on 259MiB FAT volume

If I tab into that I guess that is the edit window (Like in GRUB), mine is completely blank.

Naturally I have tried a few re installations

Any hints for manual boot would be appreciated, I am confortable with command line but of course BSD disk identifiers completely different to Linux.

Many thanks,

Geoff
geffers

Re: Hangs at Splash Screen

Post by geffers »

Did a reinstall as thought I may have set wrong keyboard, not that I thought that should cause boot issues but struggling here.

Installation successful, rebooted, and up came the desktop. Updated, rebooted then HANGS at GhostBSD, no keyboard presses get any response.

This is frustrating, don't mind trying to sort things but screen just freezes and no key presses appear to do anything.

Geoff
geffers

Re: Hangs at Splash Screen

Post by geffers »

Seems it didn't like a USB3 port or a USB2 port beside each other. Changed to USB2 port on other side of machine and it boots fine.

Use the USB3 port to boot numerous Linux flavours on external drive so guess this is a freeBSD issue.

Geoff