HP 52000 series ptinter

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Re: HP 52000 series ptinter

Post by NevilleGoddard »

Great. Looks like it will work. Try with usb connection first
Georgiaboy

Post by Georgiaboy »

@NevilleGoddard

I did that but for some reason keep getting error messages about needing paper which I don't. Also still now able to connect to the IP address like it should. I was hooked up to the USB when trying to do a test print and was getting those error messages and not being able to connect as well in the hp-setup. Kind of at a stopping point at the moment in that.
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

On hplip the test page didn't work for me last time I checked.
If you create a document with libre office will that print?
Georgiaboy

Post by Georgiaboy »

@NevilleGoddard

Went to writer and wrote out own test page to print. Selected one page and sent. Nothing happened. Opened up the device and checked the information for it and showed an error of Unable to open device and gives the information of the printer. So, it is installed but unable to connect due to not being able to do the hp-setup and ipaddress.

Thanks

Georgiaboy
Georgiaboy

Post by Georgiaboy »

@NevilleGoddard

I'm still unable to connect to the printer by the wifi. I'm wondering about something. Remember how I mentioned that when I was trying to do the 'cups' install and that it kept saying that the ppd was wrong string? I had done an extraction on that 5200 driver to the other location where it's supposed to be. I'm wonderingin that if I take a copy of the gz file and put it into the other directory as is would the cups then find the ppd in the correct string that it's looking for and go with it? Because although I seem to have this installed on the laptop here I'm still unable to connect to the printer by wifi. Just curious on this.

Thanks

Georgiaboy