Info regarding GhostBSD

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
jrushford

Info regarding GhostBSD

Post by jrushford »

Greetings,

I don't know much about GhostBSD and did not see the answer to my question on the website. What release of FreeBSD is GhostBSD 3.5? I know that FreeBSD 10 has not yet released but, how soon after it is released will GhosBSD be using it and will this be GhosBSD 4.0?

I've used pcbsd and it's okay but I prefer using an xfce or gnome dekstop and it has all this kde stuff that I don't use. Also I've broken many of the pbi apps by installing applications from ports. I was thinking about just building a FreeBSD 10 desktop myself when I ran into this article about GhostBSD. I'm interested in working with FreeBSD 10 because of the many new features and was curious about when GhostBSD would be released using 10. I may try 3.5 though to see how well I like it.

thanks for your time
J. Rushford
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Info regarding GhostBSD

Post by ericbsd »

GhostBSD 3.5 is FreeBSD 9.2 and GhostBSD 4.0 will be FreeBSD 10.0.

GhostBSD 4.0 will so many change that it might be better for lot people, with the new Pkgng replacing pkg_add, we don't have and Graphical package manager for Pkgng yet.
alison3492

Re: Info regarding GhostBSD

Post by alison3492 »

The proprietary broadcom drivers are include but not the nividia proprietary.
I have no idea of binary packages/applications for offline, I know FreeBSD sale it but I do not if you can download it.
some of the torrent are available on with simple goggle search?
For the 4.0 I am working on the graphical Network Manager, I will release a alpha soon.
Our excellent online ccie certification training programs 70-486 lead you to success in the 640-864 We also offer latest www.mica.edu and Nova Southeastern University is rare in IT world.