No Printer Drivers for CUPS Available in 19.04

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
frogprince

No Printer Drivers for CUPS Available in 19.04

Post by frogprince »

When I try to add a printer (HP 2420DN) through either System/Administration/Print Settings or CUPS, it finds the printer,
but can't find any printer drivers. I tried getting on Telegram, but to no avail. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Bug
or feature? Thx in advance.
Vas you efer in Zinzinnati? Asus F1A75-M, AMD A8-3870 APU, 6 GB DDR3/120 GB SSD, GeForce 210, missing front drive panel just like its owner.
kitty

Re: No Printer Drivers for CUPS Available in 19.04

Post by kitty »

Hi! I have just installed GhostBSD 19.04 on a new hard drive on my laptop and trying to add my HP2010 printer the same way you tried did not work either.

So I installed hplip package through System/Administration/Software Station; which brought the HP Device Manager application in Applications/Accessories.

In HP Device Manager the correct drivers were automatically selected and the printer was added properly.
Checking in System/Administration/Print Settings afterwards, the HP printer icon had appeared (it was not there the first time).

Printer been tested and working nicely
HPLIP gives you a nice graphical toolbox and enables you to check your cartridges' ink levels, do the maintenance of your printer and scan through that interface if your HP printer is having one.
Dell Latitude E6410 with GhostBSD 19.04
liam

Post by liam »

As another example: the driver package I need for my printers is called "foo2zjs"

good luck!
kitty

Post by kitty »

I have checked and the package foo2zjs is available in Software station.

Some printers use hpijs and Software station has the package foomatic-db-hpijs available

HP LaserJet 2420dn Printer is on the list of HPLIP's All Supported Printer Models, with full support but end of support.

It seems to be using hpijs driver, which is an add-on printer driver for Ghostscript.

It is listed on Open Printing site as working with hplip, you might find this helpful:
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-LaserJet_2420
Dell Latitude E6410 with GhostBSD 19.04