Screen lock issue

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
Casper

Screen lock issue

Post by Casper »

When left idle, the screen lock will come on, requiring a password to unlock and continue using the computer. This has never previously given me any issues, but has just started locking without receiving any input from the keyboard or mouse, and I'm unable to enter my password to unlock and use the computer. Since I'm the only one using the computer, I have turned this feature off in the meantime, and checked to make sure that my system is up to date (it is). Is anyone aware of any issues that would cause this? Thanks.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Screen lock issue

Post by ericbsd »

On my Lenovo T530, everything looks to work fine on it. I am not sure what could cause that. Are you using MATE or XFCE?
Casper

Post by Casper »

ericbsd wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:43 pm On my Lenovo T530, everything looks to work fine on it. I am not sure what could cause that. Are you using MATE or XFCE?
MATE. And I'm using a T430. It just recently started, and I haven't done anything to the system (i.e., update or upgrade to the FreeBSD base).
Casper

Post by Casper »

I just tried manually locking the screen, and it unlocked fine. I'll let my computer go idle, and I'll try it again. Maybe a MATE gremlin?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Maybe.
Casper

Post by Casper »

ericbsd wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 pmMaybe.
I just tried it again. I don't use a screen saver, so the default is a blank screen with a prompt showing my name, the date & time, and asking for my password. When locked, the screen will accept mouse clicks, but won't accept key input. I've turned it off for now, since I'm the only one that has access to my computer, when it's turned on, but it may come up with someone else. I have never had a problem with it before, haven't done anything to the system, and it just started.

....weird.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Eh @Casper Use pkg check -d and pkg check pkg check -s to see if there is a pkg missing and the sanity of all packages. Reinstall packages with problem pkg install -yf pkg-name.
Casper

Post by Casper »

ericbsd wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:47 am Eh @Casper Use pkg check -d and pkg check pkg check -s to see if there is a pkg missing and the sanity of all packages. Reinstall packages with problem pkg install -yf pkg-name.
"Checking all packages: 100%" for -d and -s. There were a bunch of checksum mismatch messages...

Is it advisable to try a "sudo pkg update && pkg upgrade"? or will this bork my system?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

sudo pkg install -f pkg_name
Casper

Post by Casper »

ericbsd wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 am sudo pkg install -f pkg_name
There are a lot of missing packages... Is there some legit reason for this? It's almost worth a re-install, lol.