wireless network connection - rtl8192eu (how install drivers?) for GhostBSD /FreeBsd

Questions and support problems dealing directly with the FreeBSD Operating System.

wireless network connection - rtl8192eu (how install drivers?) for GhostBSD /FreeBsd

Post by 820631 »

Hello man!
I ran into this problem:
This morning, I installed the system for the first time, ghost bsd, successfully installed it (with the proviso that the bootloader was not installed, I had to add a boot menu from window 10)
the problem appeared like this;
I have a network adapter connected via usb 2.0, its full name, its full nameis : " RTL8192eu " adapter created TP-LINK

immediately after I connected it, its LED indicator started flashing green (with some periodicity) - I was delighted, "wow", will the network work right after installation ???
further, I go to the network selection (access point), select the network, enter the password .. I wait a minute ... two ... 3 ... nothing has changed, the connection to the network did not work (even no error was shown)
what did i try to do?
- unplugged and plugged in
-- after that, nothing has changed, except that, for some reason, the choice of access points that are nearby disappeared

Tried rebooting and trying again - nothing changed
I tend to believe that the standard driver is not suitable (

Before that, I had little experience with other systems, Linux; Debian ; arch-linux ;
in these systems, in order to install the driver on the network, I used the following commands, after downloading the archive with my driver in advance:

cd /home/RTL8192eu/
make clean
make
make install
modprobe 8192eu

either, I used the script that was in the archive for automatic installation
after all these actions, the network appeared and worked properly

What I want ? I want to connect to the Internet using my adapter - rtl8192eu [ USB 2.0 ]

But in order to do this, I need someone to "teach" me how to install the driver on an bsd system - without connecting to the Internet! (that is, I can download anything, only through windows 10, or Linux) - an offline method is needed
"how to compile driver"
and where to "get" the driver? will the driver that I use for Linux distributions from github be enough?

its used for linux-arch:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rtl8192eu-git
https://github.com/Mange/rtl8192eu-linux-driver
I installed this system for the first time, so it would be great if someone could help me, in detail
which particular version did I install ghost bsd?
- GhostBSD-21.05.16-KDE.iso

I really hope someone can help me
before writing here, I searched the net, but did not find anything (or I somehow did not search correctly)

Why do I even want a bsd ghost?
well, you know, I have some interest in new systems
I tried a lot of things from systems, I want to try this system now!
can anyone help?

please note - I have no other way to connect to the network, except for this adapter
I can download everything using another system, and then just transfer the files to ghost-bsd
RodMyers

Re: wireless network connection - rtl8192eu (how install drivers?) for GhostBSD /FreeBsd

Post by RodMyers »

what is in your /etc/rc.conf? there should be a entry for the wireless driver

that ISO is OLD, and many changes have taken place. A side not. KDE is not officially supported anymore, only MATE.

GhostBSD 22.01.12 --> https://www.ghostbsd.org/download

Re: wireless network connection - rtl8192eu (how install drivers?) for GhostBSD /FreeBsd

Post by 820631 »

RodMyers wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:57 pm what is in your /etc/rc.conf? there should be a entry for the wireless driver

that ISO is OLD, and many changes have taken place. A side not. KDE is not officially supported anymore, only MATE.

GhostBSD 22.01.12 --> https://www.ghostbsd.org/download
rc_parallel="NO"
devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_common"
ntpd_sync_on_start="YES"
vboxservice_flags="--disable-timesync"
keymap="us.kbd"
hostname="x-ghostbsd-pc"
wlans_rtwn0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
RodMyers

Post by RodMyers »

the rc.conf should work. also try "sudo service netif restart"

You really should use a newer ISO. Many changes have happened since 2001

Post by 820631 »

RodMyers wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:20 am the rc.conf should work. also try "sudo service netif restart"

You really should use a newer ISO. Many changes have happened since 2001
my adapter sees a list of networks after restarting the system
I select my network, enter the password and nothing happens (and all available points that were previously in the search for networks disappear)
I think he tries to connect, "but it doesn't work", in Linux this happened to me with standard divers - they also see the network, but you can't connect to them - you need to create a driver from the source code
can I somehow "create a driver" from source, like I did on linux systems? (arch, debian)
- "teach me?" what and how do I need to do so that I can compile the driver in the Ghost-bsd distribution kit by downloading all the necessary files in advance using Windows 10
I tried to search for information in search engines, but found nothing (((
on this, I created a topic, I did not find answers through Google
when I tried to use the "linux-compilation of drivers" method, I didn't get anything else, already at the first stage, when typing the "create" command, a lot of errors jumped out, from this the conclusion is that the Linux compilation methods do not work for bsd? Or do I need to download the drivers, not from the github that I provided above?

May I also know why you want me to "mandatory" install exactly "mate"?
I tried it earlier, but for some reason it does not automatically mount NTFS disks for me - perhaps in the DE "k" version, is this the merit of "dolphin"? - maybe he mounts disks normally? (on mete, I can’t see my disks, through his file manager)
it's like, just DE, it doesn't matter what DE you use? I downloaded it, because I could not see my disks in the "mate" through its explorer (
yes, I saw that there was a mark "not an official edition" - a community-made version
but tell me please? why do you "insist" on the fact that I would not use exactly "k", but use "mate"? - despite the fact that mate, I do not mount disks, as "k" does

don't get me wrong, this is my first time using ghost-bsd, previously I only had linux-os experience, so maybe I'm "stupid"

and if you think about it, this version is not so old, with "KDE", yes, there is a more recent one - but what of that?

in general, are there any drivers for my adapter? - TP-LINK : rtl8192eu (or free driver, in linux: rtl8xxxu)
you can say? I don't care if they are free or proprietary - the main thing is that the network works!
now I don't have network in ghost-bsd with "kde"

Post by 820631 »

anyone, know? work that adapter in ghost-bsd -- rtl8192eu ? maybe, need download drivers?? or what..
PSSS:
now I double checked, downloaded the newest, "XFCE" version, and yes, indeed, it does not see my hard drives, with NTFS
can you tell me how to mount disks?
she sees the disks, but only in the program - the system installer
in the file manager, only the system is visible, on a usb disk (live flash drive)
Linux experience told me that I need to see in the installer program how the disks are determined, and try to mount them, focusing on the data received from the system installer with such a command:
sudo mount /ada01/ada0s1/ /mnt/ - not worked
try used - mount /ada01/ /mnt/ - not work =-=
try - mount /ada0s1/ - not work toooo
errors message: NOT FOUND disk`s (partitions)

In KDE ghost-bsd, with dolphin, i SEE all ntfs-disk (MBR-bios) , no need mount, "just work" !
RodMyers

Post by RodMyers »

the reason to grab a newer ISO? because the ISO you downloaded is old, and switched back to the standard FreeBSD init system.

And maybe, just maybe the newer ISO will have a functioning WiFi card.

Yes, it defaults to MATE, but you can always install any other DE after installation

Post by 820631 »

but the problem is that mate can't mount my NTFS - partitions..
dont see all disk`s

but, in kde see all disk`s
RodMyers

Post by RodMyers »

my last response, and I'll quote what I wrote above;

the reason to grab a newer ISO? because the ISO you downloaded is old, and switched back to the standard FreeBSD init system.

And maybe, just maybe the newer ISO will have a functioning WiFi card.

Yes, it defaults to MATE, but you can always install any other DE after installation

I will not be assisting after this

Post by 820631 »

didn't you read what I wrote?
I INSTALLED NEW VERSIONS, MY DISKS ARE NOT VISIBLE - and KDE editions - disks are visible!
returned to the old one, due to the fact that the disks are visible.
Oh, I got it:

great, no help for new users...
everything is clear with you, to ### with bsd, I'll switch back to Windows and Linux!
bsd - not friendly at all
and on the forums, even no one can help

bsd - not a friendly system at all, even close, not Linux, or Windows >.>
just little killed time on bsd os +_+