v4.0 for beginer -> sshd howto start/open?

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD
netuser

v4.0 for beginer -> sshd howto start/open?

Post by netuser »

Hi,
just installed v4.0 but SSHD service seem to be disabled/not started -> how to activate it to allow remote login to the machine?

Regards,
NU.
mzs_47

Re: v4.0 for beginer -> sshd howto start/open?

Post by mzs_47 »

netuser wrote:Hi,
just installed v4.0 but SSHD service seem to be disabled/not started -> how to activate it to allow remote login to the machine?

Regards,
NU.
Refer section 14.8.2 "Enabling SSH server" -> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/openssh.html

After above steps, you can use following command to confirm whether it is running or not.

Code: Select all

ps -ef|grep sshd
If the above does not work use:

Code: Select all

ps aux |grep sshd
gBSD is based on FreeBSD and the manual is best place to look for.
netuser

Post by netuser »

ok,
thank you - yes it worked - it's basically about the:

Enabling the SSH Server = check /etc/rc.conf for this line and add it if it is missing:

sshd_enable="YES"

This will start sshd, the daemon program for OpenSSH, the next time the system boots. To start it now:

# service sshd start

I've also found that trick usefull:
It is a good idea to limit which users can log into the SSH server and from where using the AllowUsers keyword in the OpenSSH server configuration file. For example, to only allow root to log in from 192.168.1.32, add this line to /etc/ssh/sshd_config:

AllowUsers root@192.168.1.32

Thank and regards,
NU.
breetlee6666

Post by breetlee6666 »

Its something that I don't get about Intel I have Lenovo T530 with and 4000M Intel graphic card witch work fine. I now that some people who have tried PC-BSD They have no problem I just don't know what I do wrong. I need people that can make work that hardware on FreeBSD for this project, but for the moment no body look to be interested to do that. If I compile X without hald that will fix the problem.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest Testking pmp sample questions exam and high quality ccnp syllabus 300-101 and testkingmcdst demos. We provide updated berklee.edu questions.